Storm Charging port
Bradley351972
I have the storm and have had it for about 6 months now and now the charging port is bad Verizon is sending another phone but wondering if anybody has had problems with the charging port on the storm.  I wish I would have went with the curve now after I have seen all the problems people are having with the storm.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm Charging port
risu
Contributor - Level 3

I honestly haven't had any trouble with my Storm (yet).  It (or the apps) crash occasionally, but I don't know a smartphone/pda/bb that doesn't do that... including the iPhone.  The .148 update has really helped smooth out many of my earlier concerns.  As far as hardware, I haven't had or seen any trouble with the charge port.

You want charge port issues?  Check out the env :smileytongue:

0 Likes
StormModder
Contributor - Level 1

I would say that most of the time, charging port issues are user error. It's a very small port, so pushing and pulling the plug out is NOT good for it.  I gently wiggle the cord in/out to avoid putting undue pressure on any part of the port.  Another thing is when people have the phone plugged in, but have it up to their ear while on a phone call -- it puts unnecessary pressure on the port.

oh, and I've had my Storm since December without any issues (hardware).

Message Edited by StormModder on 07-01-2009 08:06 AM
0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1

StormModder wrote:

Another thing is when people have the phone plugged in, but have it up to their ear while on a phone call -- it puts unnecessary pressure on the port.

I agree 100% that ports on ANY phone wear out faster when users have them plugged into a car charger and talk on them at the same time. Use a headset, it's safer, or loop the coil-cord around your hand as you hold it so there is slack and no tension at the charging port.
0 Likes