Storm - Screen Protectors? Yes or No
MisCrystal25

I just wanted to see if anyone knew if a screen protector is really needed for the Storm? I have gone through 3 in the first 2 weeks that i have owned the Storm. It seems that they bubble real easy, especially in the heat. They are also pretty much a pain in the butt to put on. Is it worth it for me to keep buying the screen sheet protectors?

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm - Screen Protectors? Yes or No
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, yes, and yes...

They are definately worth it, but a pack of 3 protectors should last you a long time. If they are bubbling up easily, try to keep them out of direct heat, and when you put them on, make sure to press them out and get all the air bubbles out, if there is an air bubble, it will trap heat and make it bubble more.

They're a little tricky to put on, but with the tabs on the sheet it's a lot easier than without. They are definately worth it. So far, my finger have not touched the bare screen, and never will. And no, a scratched screen is not covered by insurance or warranty.

The screen itself will scratch very easily. So definatly invest in them, and try new methods of storing your phone or using it to avoid high heat so the sheet doesn't bubble. I have one on mine right now that has been on it for about 5 months now, and it's still in great shape. They should last and be changed about every 4 months so three of them should last a year I guess.

I would rather spend money on those than have a scratched screen. lol

0 Likes
MisCrystal25
I will agree that they are quiet tricky to put on. Everyone else that I know that has them has had the same one on for months at a time. I don't know why I have gone through 2 packs of them in a month. I did just buy a holster so hopefully that will make a bit of a difference. I do use my phone quiet frequently so I don't know if constant usage and moving it around my purse...to my desk...to my pocket, etc. could cause it to come up in the corners or leave bubbles easier. But like I said before I did notice that during this extremely hot weekend we had (in CA) I had like 3 bubbles pop up and I couldn't get them out. I will just keep investing in screen protectors until I can get one to stay on for a long period of time.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
A screen protector is certainly worth the money and effort to protect your cellphone. However, I think paying for multiple screen protectors defeats the purpose and is a waste of money. That's why I buy all my screen protectors from www(dot)Protechyourdevice(dot)com. Just the screen is only $9.99, and the full body is $19.99. However, all purchases have a lifetime warranty. So if the material every scratches, tears, folds etc you can have it replaced at no cost by sending the defective one back. It's a great website and the owner is very good at responding to emails.
0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, yes and yes. I had one of the sales reps at the store put mine on. That was two months ago. It's only now just barely starting to pull up at one corner. Given how much I touch the screen and how cruddy it can get, 9.99 was cheap.

I just got the Otterbox case/holster combo which has a built in screen covering. It interferes with typing just a tad at the corners. The case is a monster but given what I do to my phone.....

0 Likes
bikeguy

I have had the Storm for about 2 months and my screen protector was put on by the salesman, and it has kept the screen in good shape.  Does anyone know how to clean the protector - it has fingerprints and smudges on it?  I tried wiping it on my shirt, but that doesn't do much.

Thanks.

0 Likes
EarthUnderSky
Contributor - Level 2

I'm on my original protection to. To answer your ? bikeguy...I use a microfiber cloth like you would use to clean your sun/reading glasses. I'll take a non-ammonia based cleaning solution and lightly spray the cloth. I do not recommend spraying directly onto the screen. Just enough to make the microfiber cloth feel damp. After your done, let it sit for a few seconds to dry. Good as new.

Hope this helps....

Regards, Michael 

0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2
When you buy a pack of screen protectors, it comes with a cleaning cloth.
0 Likes
MisCrystal25
I asked the sales rep to put my screen protector on and she said No. She said that she wouldn't do it because if she didn't put it on correctly then its her fault and doesn't want that responsibility. So I have been stuck trying to figure out how to put these on properly and I have ruined probably about 4 so far. I am only 5 one already and the one I have left has marks on it from the stupid glue that's on the little package envelope. So I am hoping that this one that I put on stays on for a while. If not, then I have spent $20 for 6 protector sheets within a month. I don't know if I like this touch screen so much anymore. I'm really starting to not like it because of the screen protection.
0 Likes
sanchezm94
Bought them for mine . I love it a little more protection can never hurt just buy the ones made just for the storm not the ones u cut out. One protector last for several months. I have bought a package of three the day the storm came out and I have one left not a bad investment
0 Likes