Storm and VZ Access Manager
sklumpmeister
I can't get VZ Access Manager to recognize my Storm.  It says no phone was found connected.  Windows recognizes it as a media player, so I know the connection is made.  I have the new upgraded OS and the VZ Access software that came with the Storm installed.  Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm and VZ Access Manager
seabright
Contributor - Level 1
Do you have the tethering feature enabled? It's an additional charge.
0 Likes
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2

Try getting the latest version of the Access Manager software. You can download from verizon site. Also, make sure you have updated windows completely. You'd be amazed at how many people don't update their windows, and after they do, tons of stuff works...

Also, when you connected your device to the pc, did you follow the found new hardware install process? Or did you hit cancel when that popped up like you were suppose to? You don't install the device via found new hardware, you cancel that and install the device via access manager/desktop manager.

Let me know.

Good luck.

0 Likes
sklumpmeister
I have tethering and have the most recent version of the VZ Access Manager, but do have some Windows updates to download yet.  Windows recognizes the phone as a media player but has never tried to install it as a phone.  I will try the updates (challenging with dial up my only option).  Thanks for the replies.
0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1
I have made this work. What I found was there is a "latest" version of VZAM and a Blackberry Storm version of VZAM. Look for the one that works specifically with the BBStorm. Once you get it up and running, if you have an internal EVDO modem on your PC, the VZAM application for the Storm won't find the internal modem, it will only find the BBStorm.

Let us know what you find!
0 Likes
sklumpmeister

I have installed the VZAM that came with the Storm and had the Storm drivers on it, then checked for updates through the VZAM interface and was informed that I had the latest version.  Have done Windows Update, but I haven't had time to try the tethering again yet.  Probably this weekend.

0 Likes