Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Storm decided to stop working
Necromiki

Hey guys, today I was on my way to a different city, same state. Everything was working fine while on the road & when i put the phone to charge everything seemed fine... I was on twitter & msn, so data was working. Until i realized i couldnt text or call...

When I call any line I get a message that the phone isnt able to be authenticated, I've battery pulled & *22899'd (took 4 times to be sucessful) I also tried *22800 for primary tower but it said unsuccessful everytime. Currently in southwest area of Miami,FL. could this be network or my phone?

Edit: I didnt ever upgrade bb firmware, etc. I only deleted an app called Snapscreen

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm decided to stop working
MorganB

After reading your post, it seems that you disabled the voice capabilities when you dialed *22899 from your device to update the PRL. You can program your device and update the PRL by follow the directions below. 

*228 is the OTA (over the air) number to dial for any voice enabled devices. 

You need to dial *228 from your device and follow the options below:

1. Press 1, once connected, to program your device. 
  2. Once you've successfully programmed your device, dial *228 option 2 to update your PRL (preferred roaming list).

It's suggested that you dial *228, option 2, when traveling to a different area to update the PRL for your device. 

*22899 is the OTA number for non voice-enabled devices (Data devices without voice capabilities).

After reading your post, it seems that you disabled the voice capabilities when you dialed *22899 from your device to update the PRL. 

0 Likes