Storm screen is dim
tletourneau
I have tried everything, I put my backlight brightness up to 100, and every time I use my Storm, I can barely see my screen since the update.  I have trouble seeing, and having the screen as bright as it was was good for me.  Only SOMETIMES does my screen actually get as bright as it did all the time before the upgrade...  WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY PHONE??? Its practically useless to me if I can't see it.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Storm screen is dim
EVO_Unlimited
Contributor - Level 2
Try going into the brightness settings, turning it down, then turning it back up. Or maybe turning it down, doing a battery pull, then turning it back up. Basically it needs to know 100 is not dim... so reset it somehow.
0 Likes
Manjyot213
i had the same prolbem before the .148 update....i think.... well anyways my screen would get bright when i turned it on but after i start using my phone it gets dim theres an option on your Blackberry settings that asks you if you want the screen to dim automatically see if that helps........
0 Likes
LukeTech
Contributor - Level 1
That's right... and if you do use the automatic dimming feature, the sensor is at the upper right where the indicator LED lives.
0 Likes
StormModder
Contributor - Level 1

with the auto dim feature, when it's not very bright the screen will dim.  when it's brighter (like in sunlight), then the screen gets brighter.

I've been running .148 since it released, and I have to admit that I turned OFF auto dim.... but it didn't make a difference - it still dims when it's darker, despite my screen brightness set to 10.

0 Likes