Storm2 - Can't get My Verizon Mobile
kayl

The My Verizon Mobile app no longer works on my Storm2.  It used to work fine.  Since Nov BB update, I haven't been able to get it.  It would have the little star coming down for long periods of time but never opened.  I called Verizon Spt in Jan, they had me do a hard reset (nothing), then a total security wipe and down load the app again.  Still does not work.  I now get a message that says "System Maintenance.  Please try again later"  I just downloaded the app again and still get the same message.  Anyone out there have a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Storm2 - Can't get My Verizon Mobile
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I am not sure if you are just going to the icon itself and deleting it there or not.  If so, you need to go to Options>Applications.  After the applications load, you will see My Verizon in the list of applications.  With My Verizon app highlighted, press the Menu key ( to the left of the trackpad) and select Delete.  This will delete the app and then you will be prompted to reboot.  Do so, and then go back and download the My Verizon app again.  If you need to find a place to download it again, you can open your Blackberry browser and go to mobile.vzw.com.  You will see a link for the app. Download and install the program again, and it should work.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

The latest version of My Verizon has a separate icon named Data that can not be deleted or the My Verizon app will not work.  Delete the My Verizon app, pull the battery to reboot, and then download and reinstall the My Verizon app and it should work.  Just make sure you do not delete the Data icon.

Doc

0 Likes
kayl

Thanks for the quick response.  I deleted the MV icon (did not do anything to the data icon).  It said that deletion would occur at next reboot.  I did a reboot.  The icon was still on my home screen and when I clicked on it, it gave me a message asking if I wanted to download the app.  I took out the battery, waited, re-installed it and rebooted again.   I clicked on the icon again and "download" and got the message that a reboot was needed to complete the install.  Rebooted, and now the app still hangs on the part where the little red ball flies in from the upper left corner and it keeps doing this forever.  This was what it was doing originally.  Any other ideas?  I'm about ready to totally give up on it. 

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I am not sure if you are just going to the icon itself and deleting it there or not.  If so, you need to go to Options>Applications.  After the applications load, you will see My Verizon in the list of applications.  With My Verizon app highlighted, press the Menu key ( to the left of the trackpad) and select Delete.  This will delete the app and then you will be prompted to reboot.  Do so, and then go back and download the My Verizon app again.  If you need to find a place to download it again, you can open your Blackberry browser and go to mobile.vzw.com.  You will see a link for the app. Download and install the program again, and it should work.

Doc

0 Likes
kayl

Good morning!  You were right - I was trying to delete it from the icon not from the Applications list.  I did as you said and it works now.  Thanks so much.  I guess that's the reason you are the DOC!. 

I wonder why there isn't a message that told me that I had to do it from the Applications list when I tried to delete using only the icon on the home screen?  Or why the Verizon tech support didn't make that distinction when I was working with them on it?

Thanks again for your help.  I really appreciate it.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

Glad it worked for you.  If you don't mind, mark this thread as solution found so it will show up as such in case others have the same problem and do a search for an answer.  Thanks a lot for using the forums.

Doc

Ps:  I see you did, thanks...good luck.

0 Likes