Switching handsets
tresvn

Hi,

I have a BB Bold 9650 that I currently use. I am getting ready to get one of the new Bold 99**'s. I work in very dirty and dusty places and would like to keep using my old 9650 for work but be able to switch to the new phone when not working or working in a kinder environment. Is this something that can be done by simply changing the sim card? Or is it a process of calling Verizon and having them change it over? Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching handsets
keitoflan
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can also just call *228 from the Verizon phone you wish to use and it'll do the change as long as it's a 3g device to a 3g device. If you are doing a 4g device it will require a new SIM card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

You can change handsets on the VZW website. Just log in to MyVerizon and select 'Activate or Switch Device'.

0 Likes
keitoflan
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can also just call *228 from the Verizon phone you wish to use and it'll do the change as long as it's a 3g device to a 3g device. If you are doing a 4g device it will require a new SIM card.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

keitoflan wrote:

This would likely be the simplest way, if you are going to be swapping devices out regularly.  Going from one blackberry to another should be fairly straightforward.  Make sure the BB you are DE-activating is powered totally OFF (remove the battery). Then power on the one you want to activate, and dial *228 and follow the prompts to activate your number to that handset.

If there is any sort of glitch, you will be directed to contact Customer service (or automatically connected).  When you want to switch back, pull the battery on the currently active phone, power on the other one and do the same process to activate that one.

0 Likes