Synch error-contacts BB 8530
EEMARTIN

When I synch my Blackberry 8530 I get an error code 0x80040fb3.  Have reinstalled desktop manager; did not fix.  Any other ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Synch error-contacts BB 8530
bellgirl40

I'm experiencing the same problem. Did you ever get a fix? Had the problem with older version of desktop manager, Just installed desktop manager 6.0, but that didn't solve the problem.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

After checking, it seems this error code might appear if you have a contact in your database with a blank email address in Outlook.  For example, if your contact has no email address listed in Email and you have an email address listed under Email 2 for that same contact, the error might appear.  To resolve, simply fill in the email1 space with the same email address in email 2 slot.  The error code can also appear if one of your contacts has an unrecognizable character or invalid character in one of the fields.  I hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
bellgirl40

No, unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. I did have a couple of contacts with email 2 only and switched those to email 1. But the sync continues to get partway through then stop with the error message. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

It has to be something with your database.  Try to narrow down where the problem can lie.  Adjust your settings to where when you sync, you only sync calendar events only.  If that works, then set the settings to where the contacts only are synced.  If it fails, then you know it is an error somewhere in that database.  Also, you can change the direction of the sync to be only one way from your computer to your Blackberry.  It is just a matter of narrowing down where the error is taking place.

Doc

0 Likes
bellgirl40

Doc,

Appreciate all of your suggestions, I should have clarified. I already separated the calendar sync from the contacts; the problem is just in the contacts. And I did adjust the sync to one way from the computer to the BB. It syncs ok up into the letter S, then fails. I just can't figure out what to look for in my Outlook contacts that's causing this. At least I know pretty specifically where to look. (from the letter S onward). Any other thoughts?

0 Likes