Tethering Problems.....PLEASE HELP!
RetroCherry

I have the BB Storm and have been using it since Feb.  I've had problems off and on with it but now it wil not tether to my MAC.  It worked perfectly fine before.  I drove an hour and a half to the nearest Verizon store looking for help but all they could tell me was to call the tech support line.  Not what I wanted to hear. 

What is happening is I will plug my BB into the MAC using the USB cord as usual and the memory cards show themselves on the Desktop.  However when I open the VZAccess Manager it not tells me that there is no device detected?  I do have my Mass Storage turned on.  Can anyone please help me since Verizon can not seem to do so.

Any step by step instructions would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tethering Problems.....PLEASE HELP!
jkf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Isn't tethering a BlackBerry compatible with Windows only?  Even though you can get a Mac version of VZ Access, I was under the impression tethering will work only on the Windows platform.

0 Likes
Butthead
Contributor - Level 2

Have you ever been able to tether before? It sounds like it is implied in your post. The storm is not supported using USB tethering. You should be able to create a manual dial up networkiing connection using bluetooth and have it tether. Ensure you have the correct feature on the account as well for tethering.

0 Likes
RetroCherry

When I originally purchased the phone they told me in the store I was able to tether it via USB to my Mac.  Only to go home and find out that there was no software included to do so.  After contacting Verizon and getting no where I did some searching online and found out that there was a VZAccess Manager available but you had to use the settings for the Motorola Q.  Following the instructions I had found for doing it this way worked wonderfully!  This was how I connect to the internet using my BB since February.  Just Friday I downloaded the new Desktop Manager for the Blackberry and Mac.  This is where my problem started.  When I synced the device it must have changed something somewhere and I am unable to connect to the internet as I did in the past.  I have tried the tethering via Bluetooth but have not gotten anywhere.

0 Likes