Tethering, VZAccess Issue Solution Read here! (vista and XP)
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Storm 5.0 Update - Tethering with Modem No Longer Functions

[10-30-2009 10:43 AM

I don't know if it will work for windows 7 but I had the same problem on vista. We believe this also works with XP:

Delete the newest version of vzaccess an reinstall it using the disk you got with your phone. Version 6.9.0 should work for you.

Now if this is a cradle point router issue, you will either have to revert your Storm back to the last version or wait for Cradle point to release a firmware update.  This issue is with Cradlepoint, not VZAccess or Verizon.

I truly hope this helps!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tethering, VZAccess Issue Solution Read here! (vista and XP)
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Michele-VzW wrote:

Re: Storm 5.0 Update - Tethering with Modem No Longer Functions

[10-30-2009 10:43 AM

I don't know if it will work for windows 7 but I had the same problem on vista. We believe this also works with XP:

Delete the newest version of vzaccess an reinstall it using the disk you got with your phone. Version 6.9.0 should work for you.

Now if this is a cradle point router issue, you will either have to revert your Storm back to the last version or wait for Cradle point to release a firmware update.  This issue is with Cradlepoint, not VZAccess or Verizon.

I truly hope this helps!

OR

RIM Storm 1 Maintenance Release 3 (MR3) Software Upgrade Information (VZAM):

*VZAM does not work after the upgrade. The work around is to setup DUN on Windows. Refer to the following BlackBerry Knowledge Base article or the steps below:
0 Likes
treyjedi

This works for Windows 7 as well.

0 Likes
mojo23

I've tried many of the solutions suggested all to no avail - UNTIL I noticed in a posting on crackberry.com that BB Desktop Manager MUST be running in order for the DUN workaround to work (this was never pointed out to me by the 2 VZW techs I spoke with - they probably assumed it was running in the background).  I checked the BB KB article and indeed this is very clear.  If you've disabled the auto-launch of BB DM (as I have due to performance issues on my laptop) be sure to launch BB DM before dialing up using the manual DUN!  Works like a charm now.  Unbelievable that VZW would encourage Storm users to upgrade OS when a widely used function such as tethering does not work!

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yes indeed, I thought you guys should know that already, I did? it has statistics status as well as connection for com 1.2
0 Likes
Bagel

Previously tethered with BB World w/o an issue on Toshiba w/o WiFi capability. Upgrade to the BB Tour which provided no CD for install of VZAccess Manager, I followed directions and downloaded/installed the latest version for the BB 9630. After the  install replaced drivers and the VZAM user-interface, system was unable to recognize the BB. After 12+ hours of  "support", the only way I am able to recognize the RIM-9630 and connect is to re-install the VZAM from disk immediately prior to Tethering! I have other XP Laptop/notebooks with built in WiFi running older VZAM with no recognition problem with the Tour.

0 Likes
fastcatbmw

Make sure that you are not running the 5.0.1 version of BB DM and instead use something like 5.0.0.8 and check the box not to auto update during the install. If you get prompted for update when you connect do not do it until they have time to correct the software.

0 Likes
spacebratt

is there any hope tethering a BB curve to the mac 10.6.1 ?   It was all good till snow leopard and no one seems to have a fix RIM blames VZAM VZAM blames apple apple blames them both. but still NO fix that i am aware of.

Any help please

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

spacebratt wrote:

is there any hope tethering a BB curve to the mac 10.6.1 ?   It was all good till snow leopard and no one seems to have a fix RIM blames VZAM VZAM blames apple apple blames them both. but still NO fix that i am aware of.

Any help please

Currently you can tether your curve with the Bluetooth, connect just like you would a Bluetooth headset.  It will be slower then a wired connection, but since it is TBA if or when Verizon Wireless will support wired tethering between 10.6.1 and the Curve, it is a "solution".

Hope this helps!

0 Likes