Text Message to Email
JTTate

I have a text message that I would like to email to myself and then print for future reference.  I have tried to use "forward as email" but it only sends the line the cursor is on.  Is there a way to send the entire message to an email?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Message to Email
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

If you mean all of the threaded text, then no. The only way you could do this is to make the contact a BBM contact and then your text messages become BBM messages which can be copied, emailed, saved, etc. The other person does not need to have BBM. You go to BBM and click on 'Invite Contact' -> 'Add a text messaging contact' and you are all done. Even existing SMS threaded messages will show up.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I was wrong. It just has the threaded SMS show up in BBM, but it is still like a threaded SMS in that you can't send the whole thing in an email like you can a BBM chat. Sorry.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Instead of using "Forward as Email" - can you just forward the message. but in the TO: field type in an email rather than a phone number? That way you aren't using the EMAIL capabilities of the phone, but the text messaging, and just sending it to an email address.
0 Likes