Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Text message blocking
nyteach

Is there a way to block a specific number so you don't receive incoming tests from that person?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text message blocking
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

You can block texts by using Vtext services.  Go to http://search.vzw.com/?do=viewdoc&id=16774 for more information.

Doc

0 Likes
nyteach

Thanks! Can I do it through Verizon? Also, if a person is blocked from sending texts to me, will they know I am not receiving them?

0 Likes
nyteach

OK, disregard that last post. Your info was through Verizon..Should have checked before responding. My question would be this, if I block a person from texting me, will they know? and if I am sending a specific number directly to voicemail, which isn't the same as blocking, will blocking them from texting me completely block them from my phone? Can I send them directly to voicemail (which I can do from my phone) as a call and then block them only from texting me?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

Not sure about the voicemail thing.  You can read all about what can be blocked...emails, texts, web...at vtext.com on their general questions page at https://text1.vzw.com/text/jsp/text_messaging_help_general.jsp#textBlocking to find out more.  You can probably call Verizon and they might be able to answer your question.

Doc

0 Likes
nyteach

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
MorganB

Blocked individuals who call a customer will hear the message:

• "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you were trying to reach has calling restrictions which has prevented the completion of your call."

Message Block Scenarios

1.Blocked Number is a different carrier~ After message is sent(from blocked user) a Message Sent with a green checkmark is displayed on the screen immediately after sending the message as also the Sent folder has the message marked with a green checkmark . The message is not received  by the controlled line.

2.Blocked Number is the same carrier i.e. Verizon but not a part of the account ~After a blocked number sends a text message to controlled line, Message does not go through. Message is not delivered. Invalid destination, displayed on screen.

0 Likes