Not sure if this is a Verizon or Blackberry issue but I have sent a few text messages today (to Verizon customers). Usually a small "D" will appear by the text to let me know it was delivered but it hasn't appeared on any of these texts. Are their services issues today?
I understand your concerns about your messages being delivered. Have you confirmed that your text messages are being delivered (or not) regardless of the D indicator? No service text messaging issues are noted in our system for Blackberry devices.
An easy way to test your text messages for delivery is to send a message to yourself. If message is sent and received by your device then no service issues exist and you may have disabled the D indicator. You can enable delivery notifications, please see instructions below:
Request delivery notification or read notification for a text message
1. On the Home screen, click the Text Messages icon.
2. Press the key > Options > Text Messaging.
3. In the MMS section, do one of the following:
• To receive notification when the message is delivered to the recipient, select the Confirm Delivery check box.
• To receive notification when the recipient opens the message, select the Confirm Read check box.
4. Press the key > Save.
You can find the above instructions (page 71) and more helpful information in your BlackBerry Bold 9650 Smartphone User Guide. http://goo.gl/X46i5
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/vzwsupport