The Best Way To Install OS 5.0 With Me No Problems At All!
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

The way I did it is deleted not wiped all third party apps, erased history, content, push content and cookies and did A fresh restart and wa la bomb ba ra bay my storm has had no problems I update everyday with desktop manager now there it is people try it that way it has to work for you it did for me slisy for shishy:smileyvery-happy:

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: The Best Way To Install OS 5.0 With Me No Problems At All!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

JCM wrote:

The way I did it is deleted not wiped all third party apps, erased history, content, push content and cookies and did A fresh restart and wa la bomb ba ra bay my storm has had no problems I update everyday with desktop manager now there it is people try it that way it has to work for you it did for me slisy for shishy:smileyvery-happy:

Hi,

Uuuhh, o..k..Glad it worked for you.

Doc

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Another way to insure a good install is to use a third party program, wipe the phone completely and install.  It is never a good idea to load one OS over the top of another .

I left out the third party program name because I am new here and don't know the rules about posting third party material.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You can speak of 3rd party apps.  You just can not post links to 3rd party apps.

Doc

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

HELLO how is it going, well so do you really think it loads on top of 4.7 not sure of that I believe it upgrades to A higher standard uhm about third party program wipe dont you think it's better doing it from device on security options don't you think no I think so oh and about wipe I think people are having problems caus they do that see what it does is also wipes out current update for OS 4.7 I didnt wipe out my storm 9530 I have not had A single problem my storm runs like a tour REALLY B.S ASIDE the only apps I left when upgrade is BB maps=memo pad and password keeper only that come on people get that storm running lajet mann or is it no motivation to do it right becuase of the STORM 2 I think the 9530 is better at least for me!

DO A BATTERY PULL FOR 10 MIN BOFORE UPGRADE!

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the info on linking off the site.

I have had very good luck with the following process upgrading my 9530.  Download the new OS from Verizon site, shrink it with Shrink-A-OS, then use BBSAK to backup your apps and wipe your device and install new software.

I actually tried upgrading both ways, using Desktop Manager and the process prescribed above.  The wipe and clean install seemed to make my phone quicker and more responsive and by shrinking the OS down (removing what you don't want or use prior to install) is saves application memory for more that you want to add. I boot up at 42.6 and not been below 35.5.  I use two batteries so I only do a battery pull when I switch them.

I do know every phone acts different, just sharing my experience.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hello Doc, Yeah I'm so glad I thought about deleting every third party app etc I just hope it works out for everyone.
0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hello Doc, Yeah I'hope it works out for everyone.
0 Likes