Torn between the Storm and Pearl Flip...
LadyDonner
I am planning on getting my first Blackberry soon and I'm looking for input from users of the 2 phones I am interested in. The user reviews I have read thus far have panned the Storm (freezing, turning off during calls, slow, rebooting itself, unable to answer calls, short battery life, etc.) while praising the Pearl Flip. Is the Storm realy that bad? Is the Pearl Flip really that wonderful? Please let me know your opinions.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Torn between the Storm and Pearl Flip...
MicheleY

I can't speak for the Storm as I've never used one, but I just got the Pearl flip as my first blackberry.  I've had it for a week and I like it very much!  It's much easier to type on than I thought it would be and I like the idea that it's not as conspicuous as a full keyboard blackberry.  I'm thinking of returning it because I am having some buyer's remorse over the cost of the data plan, which is not an essential for me, but if money were not an issue, I wouldn't hesitate to stick with the flip.

Michele

0 Likes
BerryGuru

Software updates have addressed many of the problems with the storm. If you want a media-centric phone the storm's screen is great. Video and music playback proform very well but  out of the two I would prefer the perl flip. The flip is smaller, lighter and has real bottons.

You may also consiider waiting for the Blackberry Tour which is due out in a few weeks. It has a full qwerty keyboard and looks like a great upgrade for those of us using the Blackberry Curve right now.

Good luck!

0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1

I wouldn't recommend anyone have the Storm as their first experience with a BlackBerry.  I have had four different models of BlackBerrys over the past five years and the Storm was a bear for me to use.  But with all of the latest software updates and new apps, I am loving it.  Personally I have a great dislike for the Pearl.  I would suggest the Curve. 

0 Likes
LadyDonner
Thanks for your opinions, guys, they were a great help. Anyone know when the Tour will be out?
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

July 12 is official rollout but dont look to pick it up in all stores till middle or end of the week. You might be able to preorder then. Its 199 for a 2 year.

This is the phone I would personally get, the guts of Storm with 256mb of app memory and the Bold's keyboard=win win situation.

Message Edited by XtremeBerry on 06-29-2009 10:32 AM
0 Likes