Tour 5.0 Upgrade Causing Audio Streaming Issues
FAOJK911

Since updating to the 5.0 OS with my Tour, I am no longer able to stream audio through websites or applications I once used to, such as BBScanner (Scanner Radio), iHeartRadio, sites which stream live game audio, etc.  In websites, the media player opens, shows buffering along with the filename, then stops and shows player error.  In applications, audio continuously stops, buffers, plays for a short time and the process repeats itself.  One application developer responded to my tech support request and indicated that it is a network problem.  I would have to agree, seeing everything worked flawlessly on the 4.7 OS prior to my upgrade.  What are my options, other than downgrading back to 4.7, or getting rid of the phone all together?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tour 5.0 Upgrade Causing Audio Streaming Issues
Piglet0520

I am experiencing the same problem after upgrading. Pandora will no longer run - it attempts to launch but after a couple of minutes all I get is an error message.

0 Likes
Piglet0520

I performed a battery pull and service upgrade (*228) which has resolved the problem with Pandora and streaming audio. Hopefully this will work for you, too.

0 Likes
FAOJK911

Thanks for your suggestions. I've tried all that. Just got off the phone with tech support, and after the cue card run through, including a phone wipe, I am still faced with the same situation. Resolution: Downgrade to 4.7!?! Oh well, contract is up soon, time to drop the BB.

0 Likes
peakcomp

I contacted Verizon about my Pandora not running..and was told "I have the same phone and my Pandora doesn't run sometimes...It is just a program that uses a large amount of data"..and he recommended using another Program!!
I love how the blame gets put on others.  I also contacted Pandora themselves and they had me run a diagnostic check which outputting the errors to a file..they immediately found that it was a Verizon problem which they refused to address!
Ken

Piglet0520 wrote:

I am experiencing the same problem after upgrading. Pandora will no longer run - it attempts to launch but after a couple of minutes all I get is an error message.

0 Likes
peakcomp

Good one!  Cue card run thru!  lol.  They think that *228 fixes EVERYTHING!  lol.  IT doesn't! 
Ken

FAOJK911 wrote:

Thanks for your suggestions. I've tried all that. Just got off the phone with tech support, and after the cue card run through, including a phone wipe, I am still faced with the same situation. Resolution: Downgrade to 4.7!?! Oh well, contract is up soon, time to drop the BB.

0 Likes
FAOJK911

Update:  I installed Sprint's official 5.0 release (.484) by instructions I read on Crackberry.com onto my Verizon Tour, and it has been working flawlessly since. I was hesitant to do so because of all the horror stories of bricking the device. But judging by all the bricks from the 'official' release here, what'd I have to lose? No browser click issues, and all my applications, including Pandora, etc. are working perfectly fine. I don't have the option to utilize the PTT feature, but I never wanted that anyway, just a stable OS that works. So if you like the 5.0 features but not the imperfections of the Verizon release, head on over to the 'enemy' and download the stable version, which is an official release as opposed to a leaked version. There are forums that walk you through the upgrade process, basically a matter of deleting a file (vendor.xml) before the install, plug the phone in, and let the Desktop Manager's App Loader do it's thing. Thanks for nothing Verizon! While you're too busy competing with AT&T with map commercials, the boys in yellow are releasing quality upgrades to their (and your) customers!

0 Likes