I did the upgrade right when it was available. Overall I'm a fan of the new operating system. I do, however, have a few complaints:
1. Battery life is HORRIBLE after the update - phone did not make it through the day with minimal use
2. Browser click issue - such a pain that 50% of the time the links don't work and you can't zoom in without having to either click 72 times or open the menu and click "zoom in" or "open link"
3. I know that RIM did it with all 5.0 versions but I find it very annoying that the "standby" function is now the "lock" button because it is uncomfortable having to press the button on that side of the phone - very petty, but obnoxious.
4. I love the new threaded SMS but when you hit the "back" button to erase what you've written so far (like you can in BBM) it takes you out to the mailbox and saves the SMS as a draft - it should erase the field like it does in BBM. **bleep** that it is the same function but actually functions differently.
5. The vibrate/ring feature is pretty messed up. The vibrates are happening too fast and like overlapping... hard to explain.
PLEASE SOMEONE FROM VERIZON OR RIM READ THIS AND MAKE CHANGES VERRRRRRRRRRRY QUICK!
Need a patch fix ASAP
A suggestion from the Crackberry Tour forums for improving battery life -- In Options, select Mobile Network, then change Network Technology from Global to 1XEV.
I haven't done the OS 5 update to my Tour yet, but I suspect the update might have set your Network Technology to Global. That setting seems to cause the Tour to search for towers more frequently or something -- more radio use equals less battery life.
Hope this helps.