Tour 9630 OS Upgrade
HarleyRob

First off I think the version of software 4.7.1.40 has issues on the Tour with indexing.  I can't load different programs like Viigo anylonger cause now it throughs a 552 error and i have to reload the whole phone.  So i was happy to see the 4.7.1.53 version come out and loaded it, and had indexing issues and so had to reload but now was back at 40 rather then 53.  What happened?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tour 9630 OS Upgrade
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

HarleyRob wrote:

First off I think the version of software 4.7.1.40 has issues on the Tour with indexing.  I can't load different programs like Viigo anylonger cause now it throughs a 552 error and i have to reload the whole phone.  So i was happy to see the 4.7.1.53 version come out and loaded it, and had indexing issues and so had to reload but now was back at 40 rather then 53.  What happened?

Hi,

It sounds like you need to do a clean installation of 4.7.1.40.  To do this, read this from Blackberry.

Doc

0 Likes
jreilly37

Any idea when we'll se a Verizon approved upgrade...I know other carriers ahve put out updated OS's that fix the muffled BluTooth issue and other call quality issues. Why hasn't Verizon?

0 Likes
Tour 9630 OS Upgrade
AD1216

I FIND IT UNFAIR THAT PEOPLE LIKE ME THAT HAVE THE BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY UPDATES. TOUR USERS ON THE SPRINT NETWORK GOT VERSION 4.7.1.53 AND US AT VERIZON HAVE 4.7.1.40....  NOW ON SUNDAY THE FIRST GENERATION STORM USERS WILL BE UPPED TO 5.0..... WHAT ABOUT US TOUR USERS????  ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THIS? I DONT WANNA DOWNLOAD ANY UNOFFICAL UPGRADES.....

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

AD1216 wrote:

I FIND IT UNFAIR THAT PEOPLE LIKE ME THAT HAVE THE BLACKBERRY TOUR 9630 HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANY UPDATES. TOUR USERS ON THE SPRINT NETWORK GOT VERSION 4.7.1.53 AND US AT VERIZON HAVE 4.7.1.40....  NOW ON SUNDAY THE FIRST GENERATION STORM USERS WILL BE UPPED TO 5.0..... WHAT ABOUT US TOUR USERS????  ANYONE HAVE INFO ON THIS? I DONT WANNA DOWNLOAD ANY UNOFFICAL UPGRADES.....

Hi, AD,

I also have a Tour and hope the 5.0 official OS will be release soon.  I believe it will be released soon if the OS for the Storm comes out.

Doc

0 Likes
AD1216

Thanks for the info Doc. I hope it does come out soon. I love my Tour but i know it can have more potential....

0 Likes
c_patrick

welp the Storm OS was release 10/25/09 maybe Tour Os will be released tomororw?

0 Likes