Tour and Bold Replacement: update
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

I was on the phone with Verizon and also apparently the extended warranty people in order to get a Bold for a replacement instead of a refurbished Tour before the one year is up and I found something out.  Even though I am having problems with my phone (and I know that trackballed phones have problems), because I can still sort of use my phone and it is not basically decimated I apparently cannot get the Bold.  Also if the 9630 is still available as new somehow: why is it not on the website with a picture that says out stock?

DJ

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tour and Bold Replacement: update
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

I was able to get a Bold 9650 via upgrade and extension of contract.  Everything is fine now, even the Geotagging of pictures which I believe never worked on a majority of Tour 9630's.

DJ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mochan

I am on my 3rd tour and am getting a referbed one.This phone is junk and I too was on the phone w/ the warranty people({edited for privacy}) and they were the most unhelpful two customer service reps I have ever dealt w/ at Verizon. I was just trying to get a new Tour instead of a referbed one....nothing doin..i am going to keep getting referbed phones ..These guys are the reason my family WILL be going to the i-phone when my contract is up....I have always had great experiences with CS until tonight! Dealt with {edited for privacy} earlier in the day and they were wonderful.

JPM

0 Likes
mindless7676

All you need to do is keep calling and just telling them u keep hAving problems with the trackball and u have had alot of replacements and if there is something else they can do to get this problem fix and they should give u a bold. i was having the same problem and they final switched my tour to the bold.

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

I was able to get a Bold 9650 via upgrade and extension of contract.  Everything is fine now, even the Geotagging of pictures which I believe never worked on a majority of Tour 9630's.

DJ

0 Likes