Tour and Tour2?
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

On the website the Tour 9630 is no longer available for view/purchase, and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Tour2?  I currently have the Tour 9630 and I am curious what is going on?  Should I push for Verizon to replace my Tour with a Bold or should I wait and see?

DJ

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tour and Tour2?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, DJ,

Just in case you haven't kept up with the latest info regarding the Tour and Tour2, RIM decided to call the Tour2 the Bold 9650.  I wrote a thread at http://community.vzw.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/Tour-and-the-Bold-Compared/td-p/211580 which compares the new Bold 9650 to the Tour 9630.  You can see the differences yourself.

If you are having problems with your Tour, you need to contact customer service and see if they can help.  A last option would be a replacement for your Tour.  Now, your question regarding "where is the Tour."  The Tour has had a little bit of a shortage with RIM and I'm not sure when they will be back in the stores or online.  For what it is worth, the 9650 and 9630 are almost the same phone, major difference is the trackpad.  For me, that was worth the upgrade.  I am glad I have the Bold and I think it is the best Blackberry I have owned thus far.  Anyways, I hope this helped.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, DJ,

Just in case you haven't kept up with the latest info regarding the Tour and Tour2, RIM decided to call the Tour2 the Bold 9650.  I wrote a thread at http://community.vzw.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/Tour-and-the-Bold-Compared/td-p/211580 which compares the new Bold 9650 to the Tour 9630.  You can see the differences yourself.

If you are having problems with your Tour, you need to contact customer service and see if they can help.  A last option would be a replacement for your Tour.  Now, your question regarding "where is the Tour."  The Tour has had a little bit of a shortage with RIM and I'm not sure when they will be back in the stores or online.  For what it is worth, the 9650 and 9630 are almost the same phone, major difference is the trackpad.  For me, that was worth the upgrade.  I am glad I have the Bold and I think it is the best Blackberry I have owned thus far.  Anyways, I hope this helped.

Doc

0 Likes
DJ_Boxer
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks mate! I will try and see if they could use that for the replacement instead of a Tour1 because the Trackball is definitely not good now that the trackpad is out even though it was a good replacement for the sidewheel which made web-surfing difficult.

DJ

0 Likes