Tour stuck with 4.7?
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

It is a shame that VZW is releasing the BB 8530 this month with a higher OS than their top of the line Tour. This is **bleep**!

C'mon Verizon, show us some love!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tour stuck with 4.7?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Patience, patience. They're testing it. Besides, when it comes out you're just going to have problems with it and then be complaining about how it's buggy.

Personally, I'm going to wait to update for a few months until they work out the first round of bugs.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

nmchileman wrote:

Patience, patience. They're testing it. Besides, when it comes out you're just going to have problems with it and then be complaining about how it's buggy.

Personally, I'm going to wait to update for a few months until they work out the first round of bugs.

Hi, all,

I totally agree with the Chileman.  If you are a Tour owner like me, and not having any problems, don't be the first to jump on the upgrade wagon just because it is out.  I have always waited at least a month before upgrading any of my previous Blackberry devices when an upgrade came out. 

If you are one of those Blackberry Tour owners looking to upgrade as soon as possible, it will not be very long.  Keep looking for an update very soon.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

VZW tech support says that  4.7.1.75 was given final OK on 10-20-2009, where is it?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Haven't heard anything about that. Where did you hear that? Besides, I thought you were waiting for 5.0?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I have not heard that either.  If they were going to release an update at this point, it would be a 5.0 version.  I think that was the delay.  They wanted to test and make sure the 5.0 will work as smoothly as possible.

Doc

0 Likes