Transferring pictures
alynne84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have done away with my Blackberry tour and have gone to a basic talk and texting phone. How can I transfer my pictures from my Tour to my new Octane? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring pictures
Spiral
Master - Level 1

alynne84 wrote:

I have done away with my Blackberry tour and have gone to a basic talk and texting phone. How can I transfer my pictures from my Tour to my new Octane? 

Best way is to copy your pictures to your PC either directly from the BB Tour or using a card reader for the micro SD Card.  Then you can either copy them onto the the Octane micro SD Card via USB connection or again by using the micro SD Card reader. 

If you plan on using your BB Tour micro SD Card in your new Octane, I still recommend copying the files to your PC.  Then put the micro SD Card into your Octane and "Format" it for the file system (see Device Manual).  Now you can copy the pictures back onto the micro SD Card into the proper locations.

The nice thing about this is that you now have created a backup of your valuable pics on your PC.

Octane Device Manual

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Transferring pictures
Spiral
Master - Level 1

alynne84 wrote:

Best way is to copy your pictures to your PC either directly from the BB Tour or using a card reader for the micro SD Card.  Then you can either copy them onto the the Octane micro SD Card via USB connection or again by using the micro SD Card reader. 

If you plan on using your BB Tour micro SD Card in your new Octane, I still recommend copying the files to your PC.  Then put the micro SD Card into your Octane and "Format" it for the file system (see Device Manual).  Now you can copy the pictures back onto the micro SD Card into the proper locations.

The nice thing about this is that you now have created a backup of your valuable pics on your PC.

Octane Device Manual

0 Likes