Travelling to Canada
mariefnp

My husband and I are going to Canada for a week. We both just purchased BB Tours (1st time BB users here) and were wondering if we will incur add'l charges if we use our BB for email access and FB access and just plain calling/texting? Are we better off getting a plan that allows service while in Canada (and do you know how much that is?) Remember it's only for a week, don't want to commit to a 1-2 year contract with int'l dialing!

Thanks for all your help!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Travelling to Canada
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If traveling to Canada, see Verizon's international calling rates here.

Doc

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

If it's only for a week I wouldn't suggest changing your plan or anything. You can expect to pay .69 per minute for all calls made received while in Canada.

However, I would suggest signing up for the global blackberry data plan for $64.99 per line. That way you'll have unlimited data for your Blackberry and you can use that to email instead of calling. Blackberry messenger would also come in handy so you can communicate between the two devices without calling or texting.

0 Likes
SureTypeBandit
Enthusiast - Level 3

mariefnp wrote:

My husband and I are going to Canada for a week. We both just purchased BB Tours (1st time BB users here) and were wondering if we will incur add'l charges if we use our BB for email access and FB access and just plain calling/texting? Are we better off getting a plan that allows service while in Canada (and do you know how much that is?) Remember it's only for a week, don't want to commit to a 1-2 year contract with int'l dialing!

Thanks for all your help!

there is a fee for calls...and there is a fee for data usage.  My wife and i go to canada ALOT and when we are they we  just turn our networks off.  We do bring the phones and will use them in case of emergency.

0 Likes