Trouble with keyboard
Brendon330

Hello, I also have been having trouble with the letters double typing and my letters "e" and "h" have to be pressed in hard for it to type the letter. I ran the keyboard test and they still didn't work. I have removed the battery and reset but nothing works.  I've had the phone for 9 months. Anyone else have this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trouble with keyboard
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brendon330, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Does your device have any physical or liquid damage? Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your device? Did you recenlty retrieve a software update on your phone?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Brendon330

It has a tiny scratch barely visible on the corner other than that it's in perfect condition. I did have third party applications but I deleted them to see if it would fix it but it did not. I did download and update my software to the new blackberry 10.3.2.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Looks like we'll need some additional information here Brendon330. What model Blackberry do you have? When did this start happening? Pleas share.

ErinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Brendon330

The Q10. It started a couple weeks ago

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brendon330,

Thanks for verifying that. When using the keyboard, does it feel as if these keys feel different when using them compared to the other keys. Is there any additional resistance in the keys? Do they feel that they get "stuck" when they are pressed down?

SandyS_VZW

0 Likes
Brendon330

Yes two of the keys feel different then when I press the other keys. The H feels as if it's not going all the way down and I don't feel the click as I would with the other buttons. I have to press really hard on the letter in order for it to type

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Brendon330

This is a young phone at 9 months. Have you considered having it examined at a corporate store? www.verizonwireless.com/stores Is there any light debris in the keyboard or wiggly keys? I would recommend having it examined. If a new phone and from us, your warranty is one year if a hardware defect. 

LauraD_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes