**UPDATE ON OS 5 FIX**
peakcomp

Spoke with Tier II Support today, who actually contacted RIM to determine what they are doing about the 5.0 release with all the bugs. 

He actually called them and was told that there 'isn't a problem' they are aware of...so, he pointed them toward this forum as well as their forum and crackberry.com forums to show that EVERYONE is having this issue with this release of 5.0....they determined after contacting engineers at RIM that they are CURRENTLY working with VZW on releasing a fix to the software release and were advised it should be within the next 30 days...Verizon Support rep said they weren't supposed to tell them a time frame but they did! 

He did mention the RIM rep said he was aware that the NEW bug release they are working on addressed the current problems and was much more stable. 

We'll see I guess! 

Ken

*Thanks to Kevin - Tier II Support coordinator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: **UPDATE ON OS 5 FIX**
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Thanks for that update, Ken.  At least we know they are aware of the prob.

Doc

0 Likes
sinatralady

Great to hear!

I go cook dinner and the problem is well on its way to being repaired.  Wonderful!

Thanks for your efforts and persistence.

I had no idea this forum existed until today and am thankful to have found it.

0 Likes
peakcomp

Believe me, it tooks me a lot of patience with Verizon..and numerous phone calls...and weeks later..finally got a rep that pursued and understood where I was coming from...but, in the end..we'll see!

I'm a firm believer in "seeing it to believe it"

Ken

0 Likes
peakcomp

Alright.  I got notice on my phone yesterday that the new update is released.  It is the same software version, just a different "build". 

Looks as though I am still having the internet 'clicking' issue, but less frequent.  But, BB Messenger is still running the backbround as core software..but I just downloaded the updated BB Messenger, installed it, removed it..and it is no longer on my phone :smileyhappy:

Thats all I have noticed so far.

Ken

0 Likes
JayRyan

What i did for the blackberry messenger running in the background was I downloaded the 5.0.0.57 one and it knocked it off from being a core app to an add-on. and since this fix update came out and i did that with BBM my battery has actually lasted me all day again like it used to!

0 Likes
rcbjr2

Thanks for checking on that. The bug that really annoys me is when I get a text in the same "msg" that indicates I have a voice-mail from the same person. Kills the original threaded txt msgs. There also is a bug that causes QuickPull to malfunction (it won't auto-reboot on a schedule). QuickPull indicates that this bug is fixed in 5.0.0.711+, which hasn't been released for the Tour yet (nor have I seen it leaked anywhere for the Tour). I like the new features in 5.0, but some of these bugs are really annoying.

-Rich

0 Likes