Unable to Setup Email on Bold 9650 or on BIS
ph0019

My wife's office has changes to an OWA server and I thought that it would jst be a matter of changing the server name. Every time I attempt it on Blackberry Internet Service , I get an invaild server message. I thought I would try to set up the handset first,but it will not let me access the setup server. Is there aknow outage or issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to Setup Email on Bold 9650 or on BIS
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The little experience I have had with OWA (Outlook Web Access email) seems to be that it needs a web browser to access the OWA portal set up by the email admin. It's not a "regular" email client in the sense that you can access the mail directly.  You have to use the portal via a web browser.

This from Office online "help" - With Office Outlook Web Access, you can use a Web browser to access your Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox from any computer with an Internet connection.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The little experience I have had with OWA (Outlook Web Access email) seems to be that it needs a web browser to access the OWA portal set up by the email admin. It's not a "regular" email client in the sense that you can access the mail directly.  You have to use the portal via a web browser.

This from Office online "help" - With Office Outlook Web Access, you can use a Web browser to access your Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox from any computer with an Internet connection.

0 Likes
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

SuzyQ is absolutely correct. BIS will allow you to set up "conventional" emails i.e. yahoo, gmail, comcast, etc. I think what you are trying to do is through BES. One option you can explore is setting up your BB email account. Then go into the OWA and forward it to the BB acount. If you check leave a copy on the server you will also be able to get it through your computer. If you go this route then in BIS you can set a reply to email so when responding from the BB it will appear as though the email came from your OWA account. Hope it helps

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

leeford54 wrote:

...  One option you can explore is setting up your BB email account. Then go into the OWA andforward it to the BB acount. If you check leave a copy on the server you will also be able to get it through your computer. If you go this route then in BIS you can set a reply to email so when responding from the BB it will appear as though the email came from your OWA account. Hope it helps

Excellent suggestion leeford!!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes