Unable to add or edit contact on BB
Joha

This morning I tried to add a contact to my BB, and I can't.  It won't open the page where I enter all the information.  I was able to go to the Verizon website, and do it through Backup Assistant, but want to know why I can't edit or add on my BB. 

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to add or edit contact on BB
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I would try a battery pull and see if things work better.

Doc

0 Likes
Joha

Should have mentioned that I did that several times, and it didn't change anything.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Ok,

I figured you might have, but just wanted to check.  I will see what else I can find out for you.

Doc

0 Likes
Joha

Thanks Doc!  I can do everything through the Verizon Backup Assistant site, and the edits and ads then show up on the BB, but I can't do any of that on the BB itself - - so weird!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

First, are you on a Blackberry Enterprise System, or on one of the regular individual BIS system?  Also, are you using the GMail app on your device?  If you do have the GMail app on your device, you might try deleting the app and then pulling the battery and see if it works right.  If you are on a BES system, you might not have access to add or edit contacts unless it is done throught the main BES software. 

Doc

Ps, Also, what model Blackberry is in question and what is the current OS you are running.  Thanx.

0 Likes
Joha

I am not on Blackberry Enterprise System (don't know what that is, but it's not checked), so I must have the other.  I do not have GMail.  I've edited and added contacts in the past with no problem until today.

My BB is a Tour 9630. 

Where do I find the OS?  No idea about that one or maybe this'll help:

Blackberry 9630 smartphone (3G, CDMA) v5.0.0.975 (Bundle 1600, Platform 4.2.0.424).

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

That was the OS, or Operating System version, 5.0.0.975.  The only thing else I have been able to find is that it might be the Backup Assistant program that is causing the problem.  I would suggest deleting it from your device, pulling the battery out for about 1 minute, then restarting and see if things work without BUA on the device.  If that is the problem, then you will know by process of elimination.  The Backup Assistant has had a lot of problems of lately, as you can tell by a lot of the posts in the forums.  I don't use it.  I use Blackberry Desktop Software which backs up your contacts and all other personal settings.  Hope that helps,

Doc

0 Likes
Joha

I did as you suggested, and nothing!  So this afternoon I went to the Verizon store, where, after about 90 minutes, they decided to wipe the whole thing and start all over again, which fixed it.

Thanks very much for your help though.  I learned a lot.

Joha

0 Likes