Unable to change outgoing email display name on 9930. Only displays email address to clients
cltclt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried to change my outgoing email display name to my name but when I delete the email address on username field and input my name it says "not a valid email address". Tried on the Blackberry website with my profile and on my handheld device. Why is this so difficult? I can't send emails to clients as on their end it just shows my email address in the from field and not my full name. My email account name on my Blackberry shows the full name I want to display, but it keeps defaulting to my username, which is my email address. I have a 9930 that is two years old. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to change outgoing email display name on 9930. Only displays email address to clients
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cltclt,

Thanks for the details! When did this issue start? Is your Blackberry on a Blackberry Enterprise server from your company? Is this an outlook Microsoft Exchange email account? This may help with changing your settings:

Change options for your personal email account
You can change options for each personal email account that you added to your BlackBerry® smartphone. You can create email filters, synchronize your contacts, change your signature or display name, and more.

• On the Home screen, click the Messages icon.
  •  Press the  key > Options > Email Account Management.
  • Click the email account that you want to change options for.

Thanks,
PamelaF_Vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Unable to change outgoing email display name on 9930. Only displays email address to clients
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cltclt

I definitely want to be sure you can send emails with the correct signature and name appearing! Are you using the pre-installed email application on you 9930? What domain (yahoo, gmail, aol, etc.) is your email address?

There are some great tips and tricks for your device's email right here: http://vz.to/VV0RVo

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cltclt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know if I am using the pre-installed email application on the 9930. My email domain is Microsoft Outlook and was Hotmail. Have no problems with my name displaying correctly in Outlook. Just the BB won't display correctly.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Cltclt,

Thanks for the details! When did this issue start? Is your Blackberry on a Blackberry Enterprise server from your company? Is this an outlook Microsoft Exchange email account? This may help with changing your settings:

Change options for your personal email account
You can change options for each personal email account that you added to your BlackBerry® smartphone. You can create email filters, synchronize your contacts, change your signature or display name, and more.

• On the Home screen, click the Messages icon.
  •  Press the  key > Options > Email Account Management.
  • Click the email account that you want to change options for.

Thanks,
PamelaF_Vzw
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes