Unable to sync contact pics from Outlook 2003 to the BB Storm I
Vernon27

Hello,

I have been having the following problems for months now and I am at the point where I want to go back to my Windows Mobile (Palm Treo) device.

Specs:

Desktop: Dell Laptop with 8 gigs of ram and a 300 gig hdd runing Windows XP Pro, SP3 with a full admin account.

Outlook: Version 2003 with SP2

BB: BB Storm I running OS version: 5.0.0.328

I have 750 contacts in my Outlook on the desktop each with a picture. I have tried to synch the contacts with the BB Storm and the only contact data that does not synch over are the pics. Now I can take the same *.pst file and synch it with a Palm Treo, a Palm Pre and even a HP Ipaq with not problem. For the life of me I cannot figure out why the contact pics on the desktop will not synch with the BB. Also if I add a pic for a contact on the BB that already has a pic in Outlook the pic in Outlook will be deleted. If I add a pic to a contact on the BB and that contact does not have a pic in Outlook it will sync the pick from the BB to Outlook. But this is time consuming as I already have the contacts pics in Outlook and shuold not have to physically add them on the BB which takes much longer.

The pic sizes are all the same - I used a MS Resizer app to resize the pics per BB's requirements and still can't get the cotnacts pics in Outlook to sync with the BB.

Any help with be greatefull as my contract for VZW will expire at the end of the month and if I can't get this to work I will go with AT&T and get their iphone which does not have this problem.

Regards,

Vernon

Labels (1)
0 Likes