Unlocked Verizon Blackberry works only as a conventional phone in Brazil
adrianobranco

Hi Verizon Wireless Team.

I bought a second hand blackberry storm model 9550 from an american colleague that lives here in Brazil and the phone was a Verizon unlocked phone. After some days with out time to activate it, I went to a local brazilian phone store to activate e BIS blackberry package. As a unlocked phone, the device works perfectly but the internet access never worked. The company in Brazil which I registred the unlocked BB Smartphone is named "Oi". They told me that the data services should start to work in two working days, but it never happened. I called them and the support confirms that the device is unlocked since I am able to make phone calls and many other customers from "Oi" in Brazil use the same equipment as I do. They also told me that the Blackberry BIS package is activate and ok in their system Can you please check if there is (or was) any problem with the Verizon phone number <Personal information removed for privacy per the .>. These are information from the Blackberry Storm in question here. Thank you!

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlocked Verizon Blackberry works only as a conventional phone in Brazil
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Please remove your personal info from this post -- phone number, IMEI, PIN -- and contact global customer support at the number below. You can also e-mail by clicking Contact Us at the top of the page, but it might take a day to get a reply. Good luck!

If I have a technical problem while traveling, how do I get assistance with Global Data?

Simply call the Global Support Team:

• Inside the United States: (800) 922-0204.
  • Outside of the United States: Please dial the appropriate exit code for the country you are in and then (908) 559-4899.
0 Likes
Re: Unlocked Verizon Blackberry works only as a conventional phone in Brazil
budone
Legend

I dont think VZW will offer any info as the OP is not a VZW customer.

0 Likes