Update blackberry 9930 problem
memlar

Recently updated OS to 7.1 Bundle 457 (v7.1.0.163) and having to reboot at least once a day. The issue is when I plug in phone to charge. Get message that USB device the phone is plugged into is not compatible for the phone and it is unable to charge. If I restart phone via battery pull, then once it reboots it charges fine. I can charge it just fine afterwords until I unplug it and use for awhile and plug it in again. It work work fine or I may get message. Doesn't seen to have anything to point to that makes sense...

Anyone else having the same issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Update blackberry 9930 problem
sugarbunnies2012
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not have the same issue but I hope you can get some help soon. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
itaest
Enthusiast - Level 2

Memlar

The issue is that your USB charger is not putting out enough juice to charge your 9930.  With my previous BB9650, any USB charger worked, the 9930 requires more power so you have to get one from what I understand that puts out at least 750mA.  USB chargers are now being sold that put out at least that much power, this will avoid you having to constantly reboot your phone.  You can also purchase a car charger from Verizon.  All of my wall outlet plug in chargers from my previous BB works on my new 9930 so if you have that you should be okay as well as charging from my computer's USB port. 

Hope that helps

0 Likes
memlar

Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the charger(s) themselves. I'm using the charger for the 9930 in addition to other blackberry chargers as well as just using a USB connection to laptop. The behavior is random amongst them all and I never had a problem UNTIL I upgraded the OS. The capacity to properly check the charging device within the new OS is the problem.

Appears to me a software glitch as resetting device solves the problem. One would guess it has something to do with the OS being able to properly recognize an adequate power source when connected. It appears the recognition now is randomly unable to properly detect a device. One minute it passes a couple hours later it might not.....

0 Likes
itaest
Enthusiast - Level 2

Memlar... I havent run into any of the charging issues other than what I had described above in my previous post.  Odd that you are running into this issue even with the BB9930 charger. I can say I havent had a single problem since using the charger specifically for the BB9930.  Have you thought about reloading the latest OS and seeing if that fixes your problem?

0 Likes
ThreeP

Memiar, I am having the same issue.  My phone is about 4 months old.  I did not update/install/remove anything.  This behavior started about 3 days ago, I noticed that it did not charge overnight, and I got that message saying it was plugged to a USB and to check if the pc was able to charge...but it was not plugged to the pc, it had been plugged to the charger, same charger I've been using for the past 4 months.  Since then, it has happened every time I try to charge it.  The only way I can get it to recognize it is being charged is to take the battery out and reboot it.

0 Likes