Upgrade to 9630 caused major email problems
nwolfson

Following installation of the recently-released software upgrade, the email folders on my Blackberry now contain nothing more than a very random samplin of a gvery small fraction of SMS messages I’ve sent and received, plus some notifications about Voice Mails.  And the email messages are nowhere to be found.  So, first, I’m wondering what happened to the great volume of recent SMS messages that were in the SMS/MMS folder.  And, second, what happened to all those emails that were in the email folder(s)?  The SMS & MMS folder and the email folders now ALL contain exactly the same SMS material, and this material amounts to a mere fraction of what used to be in the SMS & MMS folder.

I did go into the Blackberry and had it resend the service books - per someone's recommendation - hoping this would resolve the problem.  This did not work. 

Help!  Could someone please advise how to resolve these problems.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade to 9630 caused major email problems
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Without seeing your phone, I would recommend looking closer at the sms messages.  The newer OS combines the messages in that instead of having a list of all the sent and received text messages, they are now in a waterfall style.  You may only see a couple messages but they are grouped all together by recipient/sender.  Click on one of the messages and it will open a new screen and you should see the whole history of the conversation.

Email messages should now be in a new folder.  To determine which one, send an email to yourself and wait for the new email notification to identify the email folder.  They have seperated out the email and sms/mms messages. 

0 Likes
nwolfson

The only "new email notification" that shows up on my Blackberry when I send myself an email from my Blackberry, is the usual "beep beep" that signals an email arriving.   The actual email message doesn't end up in any folder on the Blackberry.  The email is just not to be found anyplace. ( Except, of course, in Outlook on my laptop computer.). 

So we know that I can compose an email on the Blackberry, and that I can send it.   just doesn't seem to arrive anyplace on the Blackberry.

(Also, I can compose and send SMS messages to some recipients.  But I can't seem to compose and send SMS's to my girlfriend any more, for example, although before the upgrade we frequently texted back and forth. Now I can compose a SMS to her, but it won't send.  This is strange and annoying because I normally have a very good relationship with her!)

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Very weird situation.  I wouldn't want anything to happen to your relationship with your girlfriend so you might want to look at downgrading back to the older OS.  Here are some directions on how to do this.  http://crackberry.com/how-downgrade-your-blackberrys-operating-system  thanks to StreetDocRN on this link.

0 Likes