Upgraded SW on BB Bold: Battery life now very short and each process is delayed
t58martin

I just upgraded the the SW for my BB Bold to the latest version(6).  After I did so, the battery life is now extremely short.  Each new process I go to takes forever to open and displays the clock face with second hand sweeping.  It takes a very long time almost like it is doing something else in the background that is processor intensive.  I would just settle to move back to the rev of SW I was on prior.  I had no problems like this before.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded SW on BB Bold: Battery life now very short and each process is delayed
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Check your network settings to be sure you are on 1XEV.

Did you reload all the same apps you were using before? It may be one of those that is causing the behavior, but it's hard to know unless you add them back one at a time. I upgraded before I had too many apps going but it can be time consuming to try and weed out which one, if any, is causing the battery to drain.

Also, are you using wifi at all?
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded SW on BB Bold: Battery life now very short and each process is delayed
Not applicable

t58martin wrote:

I just upgraded the the SW for my BB Bold to the latest version(6).  After I did so, the battery life is now extremely short.  Each new process I go to takes forever to open and displays the clock face with second hand sweeping.  It takes a very long time almost like it is doing something else in the background that is processor intensive.  I would just settle to move back to the rev of SW I was on prior.  I had no problems like this before.

Hi there!

I'm sorry that you're experiencing difficulties with the new software. I definitely suggest following the steps provided by 'SuzyQ' as they may be beneficial to you, including a master reset. If all else fails, Blackberry does have the software versions available on their website here.

Thank you!

0 Likes