Upgraded to 7.1.0 Bundle 457
redskin1

I upgraded my blackberry 9930 to the Bundle 457 tonight, and now the thing hardly works at all.  All the app icons are small and I can't get into any of the apps.  Is there a way to revert back to the previous OS?  THANKS.  There an error message being shown a lot "uncaught exception: cannot find image:search_brower_web"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to 7.1.0 Bundle 457
itaest
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would try re-loading the OS via your BB Desktop software.  If that doesnt work, you can always use the BB Desktop software to downgrade to the earlier versions.

0 Likes
ladu

Hey I completely agree. After my upgrade the phone has become useless. The battery sucks!! I have to charge it every 6-7 hours as appose to 13-15 hours. Majority of my calls I cant hear the other person and the other person cant hear me and that happens almost everyday and I have to pull the battery out and restart it. DO NOT again DO NOT UPGRADE IT TO 7.1!! you will hate your blackberry.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Upgrading OTA is always problematic. As suggested, download the OS to your PC and then load it to your BB. I doubt it is the OS causing the problem. Also, loading the OS via your PC will only take a fraction of the time it did OTA. Be sure to back up your settings with Desktop Manager and your 3rd party apps with BB Swiss Army Knife. Good Luck!

0 Likes
jackiedoodle

I have a blackberry torch 9850 and had the same thing occur. It looked like my blackberry had been reformatted to appear and work as an archaic apple computer [back when they had those 5" screen computers!]. The icons had shrunk and were skewed as well. The formatting returned and everything else cleared up when I synced and upgraded through the computer. Thanks itaest for the suggestion!

0 Likes