User Guide for the Storm??
sbunny

Where do I find the user guide for the Storm?  I got the shortcut book with the phone, but it doesn't tell you even basic info like how to save a call from the call log into the contacts...

Also - moved from Sprint cell phone to the Storm, and I went to the local kiosk to have them transfer my contacts.  It wouldn't write them to the Storm....any other way to get that accomplished?

Thanks...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: User Guide for the Storm??
StormModder
Contributor - Level 1

user guide is on the blackberry CD that came with the phone.  I thought that was kind of silly... but then I noticed there's nearly 250 pages, and it made sense.

try going to an actual store, not just a kiosk.  if it still can't be done, then the only other way would be with Desktop Manager (if you're coming from another PDA) or by hand.  By hand takes longer, but at least it gives you the opportunity to become comfortable and familiar with the new phone.

0 Likes
wireplus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is a link directly to the Blackberry website if the CD is not available for your owners manual.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/4867/index.jsp?name=BlackBerry+Storm+9530+Smartphone+-+Use...

Also, if you go to a VZW retail corporate store they should be able to transfer your contacts without a problem. If the store has a Cellebrite UME36 machine it can be done.

0 Likes
blackwidowinsc
Contributor - Level 1
Unable to find a link for the Owners Manual, however if you are using Outlook or another compatible sync program, enter your contacts in the computer and then use BBDM to sync your information.  Depending on the number of contacts you have, entering them directly from Storm would probably drive you mad!  :smileymad:
0 Likes
ldymotivator

If you go out on blackberry's web site www.blackberry.com there is a manually advanced step by step demo for just about every basic function that any blackberry on any network will perform.  The blue blackberry desktop manager when loaded has a link to this same site.  Once you get to www.blackberry.com look for a link that says  "Blackberry 101" from here choose your model blackberry and the demo will load.  This tutorial helped me alot. Good Luck!

0 Likes