Using blackberry as an internet access point with their laptops
rb8819

I have seen people using their blackberry to access the internet when there is no WI-fi or internet access available and was jut wondering what program I need to do this to? I have unlimited access on my company blackberry

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using blackberry as an internet access point with their laptops
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

rb8819 wrote:

I have seen people using their blackberry to access the internet when there is no WI-fi or internet access available and was jut wondering what program I need to do this to? I have unlimited access on my company blackberry

Hi,

Although your device has unlimited access, you have to pay extra to run a laptop...which is called tethering.  See the Verizon page at http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobilebroadband/?page=products_connect for more details.

Doc

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Once you get the tethering option on your phone plan, you can then connect your blackberry to your computer through a USB cable.  You will use VZAccess for your device to manage the network connection to get onto the internet from there.

0 Likes
wk1126

My tethering used to work, until the 5.0 upgrade to BB OS.  I just posted a new topic.  I've seen "DOC" answer many questions on this forum, hope he can look at my situation.

0 Likes