VZ Access Manager Connection Problem
DP007

This is a strange problem that I hope someone can help me solve.  I can connect my Storm and laptop just fine and access 1XEV.  However, when I setup a password on my Storm and try to connect, VZA cannot find the phone.  VZA asks for the device password, but after typing it in, it won't or can't find the phone.  If I remove the password and reconnect the Storm, it connects fine.  Very strange.  Any ideas????

Here are the particulars;

Phone: Storm

VZ Access version: 7.1.1.3 (2404a)

Thanks,

DP007

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Access Manager Connection Problem
blamiya1
Contributor - Level 3

Since it works perfectly fine with the password disabled, then that could mean that with the password enabled there could be something wrong the security of your phone. Since it is secured it may not allow any connections which is why the VZA is not able to recognize it . More than likely you will have to disable the password in order for you to connect your PC and phone.

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

So are you saying that you cannot use VZAccess for Tethering with any security features setup on the phone?  I find this hard to believe.  I would imagine there has to be some setup for the security to allow tethering.

0 Likes
DP007

The password feature worked fine using a prior version of VZ Access.  This didn't become an issue until I started using version 7.1.1.3.

0 Likes
DP007

I checked all the security options on the phone, but will take another look in case I missed something.

0 Likes