VZ Access Manager Does not Recognize Blackberry 8703e - Please Help With This Unique Problem
howada7

I can not get VZ Access Manager to recognize my USB tethered Blackberry 8703e. I have spent countless hours working with the VZ Wireless Help desk and the Help desk that supports my PC. Nobody has been able to figure this out. This is why my situation is so baffling:

- It's worked before with the same laptop (HP Compaq 6910p running XP Pro) and same Blackberry. I don't know what could have changed.

- The same Blackberry and VZ AM software combo works fine when I install it on my home PC running Vista.

- I've confirmed that my laptop is able to connect to the Blackberry by using BB Desktop manager.

- When I attempt to discover the device from VZ AM, I know that the software senses the Blackberry because it prompts me for my password (twice), but then gives an error indicating "a Wireless device was not detected".

I'm convinced the issue is with my laptop, but I'm out of ideas of what to try next.

Thanks if anyone can help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Access Manager Does not Recognize Blackberry 8703e - Please Help With This Unique Problem
smcommunity

I had the same problem.  To resolve it, I simply had to disable the wireless card on the laptop and then it allowed me to connect to my Blackberry the next time I entered my password at the prompt.

0 Likes