VZ Access Manager Problem
Lofquist

I just installed the VZ Access manager on my Tour.  In doing so it uninstalled my Desktop Manager.....   Has anyone else had thie problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Access Manager Problem
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Negative. You should be able to have both installed, they're seperate programs that shouldn't conflict with each other. Try reinstalling BDM.

0 Likes
flying12

Yes - I had the exact same problem!  Which is a shame (I might add) because the VZ access is NOT working and the desktop manager WAS working.  In reading through this forum, it appears the tour has some issues with this software.  I upgraded recently (I thought) from the 8830 to the 9630.  I cannot get VZAM to find my phone tethered on XP Pro or Vista.  Help!!

0 Likes
Wrathchild

Same here. If you have BB DM installed, then install VZAM (7.0.4 232c) it will deinstall BB DM.  You can then reinstall BB DM, however, the operation of VZAM at that point may be in question.  Need to do more testing.

0 Likes
echoechoecho

I had problems when I installed Blackberry Desktop Manager first (it worked) and then after installing VZ Access Manager neither application recognized my Blackberry Tour.  I removed both applicatons and installed VZ Access first and got it to recognize my device and connect to the internet.  Then I installed BDM. When it asked me to shut down VZ Access Manager during the install process I ignored that and kept it active. The install of BDM worked then. 

0 Likes