VZ Navigator/BlackBerry GPS
JPSaxMan

I'm just curious - does the VZ Navigator function solely on the GPS feature when there is no coverage available, or must I download an application for navigation that can use just GPS? According to Verizon's FAQ, the Navigator only works in areas that just has coverage. I wanted to confirm this before I look for a new app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Navigator/BlackBerry GPS
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The VZ Navigator program does require a data connection in order to download the maps.  You do not need any other programs.  The program will also require you to have a GPS signal, so using it indoors will probably cause you not to lock into a good GPS signal.

Doc

0 Likes
JPSaxMan

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I was researching because ultimately I want to use a navigator (turn-by-turn) that does not rely on a data connection but can solely use GPS navigation. I believe I found one, and I have a perfect place to test it. I'll let you know what I find. .I think it only fit that a GPS capable phone can use the GPS in it without a data connection. That's the big reason why I got the Storm2.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Let us here in the forums know what you find.  I wonder if there is a way to download, say, maps of the area you want to navigate on your device and then your device pull the map data from that without having to access a data connection for a map.  Anyways, let us know.

Doc

0 Likes