Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VZ Navigator/BlackBerry GPS
JPSaxMan

I'm just curious - does the VZ Navigator function solely on the GPS feature when there is no coverage available, or must I download an application for navigation that can use just GPS? According to Verizon's FAQ, the Navigator only works in areas that just has coverage. I wanted to confirm this before I look for a new app.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: VZ Navigator/BlackBerry GPS
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

The VZ Navigator program does require a data connection in order to download the maps.  You do not need any other programs.  The program will also require you to have a GPS signal, so using it indoors will probably cause you not to lock into a good GPS signal.

Doc

0 Likes
JPSaxMan

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I was researching because ultimately I want to use a navigator (turn-by-turn) that does not rely on a data connection but can solely use GPS navigation. I believe I found one, and I have a perfect place to test it. I'll let you know what I find. .I think it only fit that a GPS capable phone can use the GPS in it without a data connection. That's the big reason why I got the Storm2.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

Let us here in the forums know what you find.  I wonder if there is a way to download, say, maps of the area you want to navigate on your device and then your device pull the map data from that without having to access a data connection for a map.  Anyways, let us know.

Doc

0 Likes