VZAccess Manager won't install
Average_Joe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trying to instsall VZAccess Manager for use with my Storm.  While installing I get error 1606 and it won't finish installing.  Ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZAccess Manager won't install
Average_Joe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your help.  That wasn't it, but I did figure out what it was.  Had to turn off the wireless.  Seems intuitive but would think it could install anyway, or give a human message telling you "hey, turn off your wireless and we'll continue".  "Error 1606" doesn't tell anyone anyway, clearly written by techheads.

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Average_Joe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought Verizon customer service staff monitored these forums.  You guys don't know either?

I've used this progam before and am not a computer novice. This program, though, simply will not install and gives me that error.  I'm going to need to cancel this if I can't get it to work but really need it.  Perhaps another wireless supplier will have a program that will work.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I think I found an answer.  If you are using Microsoft Windows, the error has to do with administrative controls.  When you click to install the VZAcess manager on your computer, right click on the installation file and click Install as administrator.  That might do the trick. 

Doc

0 Likes
Average_Joe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your help.  That wasn't it, but I did figure out what it was.  Had to turn off the wireless.  Seems intuitive but would think it could install anyway, or give a human message telling you "hey, turn off your wireless and we'll continue".  "Error 1606" doesn't tell anyone anyway, clearly written by techheads.

Thanks again.

0 Likes