I searched and found this information regarding error code 628:
This is most likely a modem or phone line noise issue or blocking port issue.
Error 628: The port is disconnected or The conenction was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed..
1) make sure you have good phone line.
2) Upgrade the modem/router firmware
3) Make sure you logon using the correct username or password or try different username.
4) Reinstall the modem.
5) Re-enable RAS
6) Check the router/firewall settings.
7) Make sure the router is VPN pass through or GRE is enabled.
Hope this helps,
Thank you for your reply noise is probably it. I was hook up on a tether and was just clicking on the disconnect
button before shutting down vzaccess and got the error code
Thanks again DOC
No problem. Usually line noise is the biggest culprit for a disconnect. Anyways, if it continues to give you a problem, let us know. Good luck, and thanks for using the forums.