VZW - No excuses left
bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

Well, there should remain no more excuses for not releasing an up to date Blackberry OS release for the Z10, as the Q10 we received yesterday is running on 10.1+ right out of the box.

What is the delay? We're already heading into 10.2 and VZW Z10's are still not even running any version of 10.1 - no excuse.

Why not begin to permit Blackberry to OTA their OS updates to their users like Apple?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW - No excuses left
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bb10qnx. We want you to have a fantastic experience with any device you're enjoying our service with. We're working hard with all the manufacturers to come out with great software for all the devices quickly. Although I don't have a date for the software release, you can check http://vz.to/14qKqBa for update information when it becomes available. Are you having trouble with your Z10? What's going on? We'd be happy to help while you're waiting on the update.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

The Z10 is actually working beautifully for me, not so well for others on VZW if you read through related comments at Crackberry, and here as well. The OS updates already approved and sent out by Blackberry would resolve many, if not all, of their issues. Thing is, for myself, applications, and other added features being seeked, and already available through updated versions, are limited/not available on the version currently provided by VZW. We're being left in the past as VZW subscribers, strangely, being that VZW is one of the largest providers. Makes no sense. Announced already, are leaks for 10.2+ with significantly more capabilities, and we, as VZW customers are not even into 10.1 yet, which already has a number of sub-versions within it. There is much, much more coming to the new BB platform at a more rapid pace and we, as VZW customers, don't want to be left in the past, waiting and waiting. Are personnel not being trained fast enough on the updates at VZW to permit the release of the manufacturer approved updates, or what is causing these delays? Which causes many to ask, why not permit the manufacturer to OTA their base OS updates separately, while VZW controls the release of their radio portions, if that is possible?

Thank you.

0 Likes
DanD2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree 100%.^^^^^. As  a loyal VZW customer, I feel like us BB users are second fiddle to your other product lines. You certainly would do well with your customer base if you folks stepped up to the plate and released timely updates. Your competition certainly has.

I so want to upgrade to the new Z10 but will not until it get's updaded to 10.1.

Thank You

Gwtheyrn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Really, because the lack of an update to my Z10, and the lack of important apps like VZNavigator and NFL Mobile is hampering, if not RUINING my experience. The update has been available SINCE MAY.

I've been a Verizon customer for some seven years, but I've begun looking at switching to different carriers who might actually take their customer service and software/phone support seriously.

leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

I must join my fellow customers to voice my displeasure at Verizon's failure to push the 10.1 updarte.  This delay in relaeaing the update is affecting my use and enjoyment of the Z10.  Whilch I must say is a fabulous device, but my experience would be enhanced by timely  getting the updates that BlackBerry is sending out to improve their product.  I have been with Verizon since it Bell Atlantic Mobile and I have been mopre thatn satisfied with your service including your customer service which is regularly panned on message boards including this one.  To say I am dissapointed would be an understatement...As far as I am concerned you are the best provider in the country... As such your customers should get things First not last....

Gunruner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now it's the first of July and still no updated OS.  I buy BB as a tool and I need the functionality on the Z10 that every previous BB has had. Shame on BB for releasing a phone before it was worthy and shame on Verizon for not pushing the update even though they have had it available for months.

ernieb59

Mine is rebooting randomly. 10.1 fixes this issue - and many others. AT&T customers are enjoying 10.1.

0 Likes
PDragonST
Enthusiast - Level 2

I came to Verizon because I was told their support and service was way better then AT&T, and the signal strength seems to be the only improvement. Sadly I gave up an android phone for the new BBz10 because I was an avid BB fan. I am beginning to think that this was a mistake as my phone reboots daily, the application selection is crappy along with the apps created with Adobe AIR on 10.0 are as stable as Charles Manson on crack. The fix that everyone keeps telling me, including Verizon Support is the 10.1 update.

So my question is this: If support is much better then AT&T and my experience and service is of the top priority of this company. Why does your competitor and my former service provider offer something you do not?

http://www.slashgear.com/blackberry-z10-on-att-scores-bb-10-1-update-09289656/

If Verizon cannot furnish me with a update to this device, AT&T can....

mzblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a suggestion.

If you set up a .pdf that explains the improvements that the new OS does for the BlackBerry Z10, shouldn't it be in a format that the Z10 can open and view?

Isn't that kind of silly that no one at Verizon would have checked to see that it works?

FYI: I can open the file on how to download the software, but not the file that tells you what it does...