Re: VZW - No excuses left
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you or any of our fantastic customer leave because of a software update concern, dingster1. We're still working hard with Blackberry (RIM) to get the latest and greatest software out there for their phones and we'll update http://vz.to/XhdBF1 as soon as it's available. Are you having trouble with your Z10? What's going on? We're here to support you in the meantime.

Jennifer_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mzblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a known issue with any software before 10.1 and there is definitely no fix for it other then getting us the 10.1 (or later) update.

This issue is known to occur with around 7 different Internet providers using POP email. My particular provider is Cablevision.

If Verizon is unaware of this issue, please contact BlackBerry's Technical Support Level 2 to learn more about it and share that information with your software developers so that they can better understand why getting us the 10.1 (or greater) update now is much more important then their need for it to be perfected.

PDragonST
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correct me if I am wrong here, but the only thing BB support needs to do is brand the update with your Network IDs and test the update against your Verizon Applications on your network.

So since you are shipping the BB Q10 with 10.1 which is actively working on your network with applications what more do you need to test...

Honestly there is no excuse at this point as this post says.

So here is my theory on this, I think the BB Z10 isnt doing as great as Verizon had hoped and they put fourth more money than its bringing in. Because of this they are pulling back resources that are devoted to pushing out updates, development and so on. Again I am just basing this off current news on the wire...

http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/9067/20130721/verizon-blackberry-z10-now-0-01-amazon.htm

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2013/07/21/blackberry-z10-price-slashed-again-now-free/

http://www.mobilebloom.com/verizon-blackberry-z10-4g-receives-maximum-retail-price-reduction/2237667...

Again this is a theory, and purely speculation...but from a business standpoint it would make sense (Even if it is bad customer service)... I would love to be proven wrong, but at this point the only way I see me getting 10.1 out of Verizon would be to pay the fee and switch to the BB Q10...(This last line was sarcasm)

Last chance Verizon, update please or lose a customer...Ill wait until the 31st.

Hirotsune
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Hi bb10qnx. We want you to have a fantastic experience with any device you're enjoying our service with. We're working hard with all the manufacturers to come out with great software for all the devices quickly. Although I don't have a date for the software release, you can check http://vz.to/14qKqBa for update information when it becomes available. Are you having trouble with your Z10? What's going on? We'd be happy to help while you're waiting on the update.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW" 7/13/13             Really JenniferH? Are you being Facetious or just copy and pasting from a script? I think that most of us know how to work our phones and we know when there's an issue with an missing OS update.

"We certainly appreciate you PDragonST and hope to service your wireless needs for many years to come! We understand the need of the latest enhancements. Software updates are tested before released. We do not have any information on when/if this update will be available. Once or if available, you will be prompted to update.

Thank you,

Lena_VZW"  7/13/13  Lena please.... VZW is the ONLY company in the entire world that hasn't released this update. Please do not insult our intelligence by stating that VZW is still testing it. Even if it's the party line and what you've been told to give as a statement, you chose to type it. Just say you don't know like everyone else. 

"Hello ardimus,  We certainly value your loyalty and do not want to lose you! We are dedicated to offering you the very best device experience. At this time, we do not have additional information regarding an update. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us!

Yale_VZW" 7/16/13  Yale, Please explain how VZW can restore any of our confidence in the company if none of you can give us a quality explanation for the update delay?

"kiickit,

Delivering on the newest updates to make your phone run smooth as silk is imperative to us. And we certainly don't want you to leave over these matter. At this time, we have no word on the release but you can check in frequently for news at http://bit.ly/n5snpq . But, that's not to say we can't troubleshoot your e-mail woes. May I ask if other e-mail accounts operate properly on your Z10? And are you able to install your corporate e-mail or are they just not going through? Here to help!

Evan_VZW" 7/21/13   Evan, by the time VZW releases this update it will not be the "newest" so obviously it's not THAT imperative to you. As for the VZW News Center... Not much News on there about anything really. As for the e-mail, please see my comment to JenniferH at the top.

"We don't want to see you or any of our fantastic customer leave because of a software update concern, dingster1. We're still working hard with Blackberry (RIM) to get the latest and greatest software out there for their phones and we'll update http://vz.to/XhdBF1 as soon as it's available.  Are you having trouble with your Z10? What's going on? We're here to support you in the meantime.

Jennifer_VZW" 7/21/13 Jennifer, C'mon seriously? How can you say that you're working "hard" with BB? And, why would you give us a link to a page saying the the software update is "COMING SOON!"  Soon has come and gone. I understand that your job is to help when we have an issue and most of the time VZW support does an adequate job doing this. However, this is definitely an outdated software issue that we're all having. Smiles and hugs will not help.

Please VZW support staff. Do not reply to these comments if you don't have any firm answers as to when we'll be receiving the most recent update or a good explanation as to why it hasn't been released to us yet. I've been a loyal customer with VZW since 1994 and this is really the first time that I've felt absolutely betrayed by the company . I feel that we're not being told the whole truth and I no longer trust VZW.  Please release the new update. I honestly want to stay with VZW but this is trying my patience.

0 Likes
randy050
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am about through to. I chatted with one of the chat robots and she was useless with her scripted replies. She said she was researching it but I think she went for a coffee break. The only thing she did say that broke from the script was if I want to I should install a leak. I was out after that and stopped at a company store. Have you ever asked someone a question and you can tell it makes them nervous when they break eye contact and start sounding like an idiot. That is what this "greeter" did. As with chat I insisted that SOMEONE knows what is going on so why the secrecy. And verizon people I ask that to. WHY THE SECRECY???? Someone knows so find out all ready. I have caught your people in so many lies over the years. Is this what you train people to do? If it is your junk apps on the phone that don't work we don't care we just want the update. Now someone call someone who can call someone who can shake the boss out of his golf game at the country club and find out what is going on. And make it the truth this time. I unfortunately have 2 years on the contract or I would be out of here now. We satisfy our end by paying our bills on time. You are not satisfying your end at all.

DEMON_COFFEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry but I have to call >Profanity removed< on that statement. since as we have all pointed out the Q10 shipped with 10.1 installed all the excuses about functionality are quite hollow. Were there a legal way to switch to a Q10 without the added expense  (ie a free exchange option)  I would do so today just for the 10.1 functionality.  When blackberry had a major foul-up (the great BBM crash ) they at least made it up to BB owners by offering free apps. Will there be any kind of compensation from VZW for Z10 owners because of VZW's (yes VZW because as previously pointed out 10.1 is running on the Q10) delay ? (Answer : Not very likely). As the saying goes...>Saying deleted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
Gunruner
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jennifer_VZW,

We aren't asking for bells and whistles and we know how to operate our phones.  We just want our BB to work like a BB. that means syncing between our phones to outlook or enterprise email.  We use our phone as a tool and we need it to work to help us work. VZW doesn't seam to care if it works for us or not now that they have us locked in.  But the longest you can hold us is 2 years, and I have a long memory.  I assure you, even though I have been with VZW through several company purchases, I won't be with them after this contract runs out, and if VZW doesn't give more than the occasional lip service to our concerns, my company will buy out or contracts and move to another provider!

There is absolutely no reason VZW can't release 10.1 and then come back with their bloatware in another relase.

GET US THE TOOLS WE NEED TO MAKE THE PHONE WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

0 Likes
Gunruner
Enthusiast - Level 2

If VZW would just live up to the contract we have to uphold, you wouldn't have to remove the profanity!

Estimator / Project Manager

Comment has been edited for private information.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Or if the profanity was simply left out in the first place.

0 Likes
ccoll43

well many have already left in my area, because why pay extra for a carrier that doesn't take vital software updates seriously. Tmobile only charges $70 for unlimited 4G, and oh yeah software updates that are ON TIME. It's pretty clear to any customer going into any corporate Verizon store that this company does not want to sell nor support this brand. It's really unfortunate because most who can't afford cancellation fees will be locked into your inconsiderate clutches a.k.a. A two year contract. This is a BRAND new os that needs to grow and your company is severely hindering it.

For me apps are starting to work incorrectly, text selection, and batter life needs improvements. Which is all featured in this update! How does it take that long to test a software all your competitors already released? You people keep giving the same answers and playing us for fools..really insulted wjth how I've been treated so far (less than 3 months in contract).

0 Likes