VZW blackberry Internet Service
arnhelzky

Hi Guys... I need a little help with my blackberry tour. I got a second hand phone and the previous carrier is verizon. I am trying to create an account for SMART Blackberry Internet Service. Smart is the carrier im using now. It's here in the Philippines. I cant create an account because my device's internet service is still under the control of verizon. or should i say, it is still provisioned by verizon. My concern is that, How am i going to detach my device blackberri Internet Service (BIS) to verizon? Guys, Please Help Me...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW blackberry Internet Service
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You will have to call customer service and talk to them about releasing your PIN number.  Explain to them about your moving, etc and they might release it.  If they do not, then you probably can not use it with the other provider.

Doc

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

arnhelzky wrote:

Hi Guys... I need a little help with my blackberry tour. I got a second hand phone and the previous carrier is verizon. I am trying to create an account for SMART Blackberry Internet Service. Smart is the carrier im using now. It's here in the Philippines. I cant create an account because my device's internet service is still under the control of verizon. or should i say, it is still provisioned by verizon. My concern is that, How am i going to detach my device blackberri Internet Service (BIS) to verizon? Guys, Please Help Me...

Have you unlocked the blackberry yet?  There are youtube videos and directions online that will show/tell you how to unlock the blackberry from the Verizon provisioning and allow you to use it with other providers (Smart in this case), once unlocked, you should be able to use Smart Blackberry Internet Service

As a side question, does the Blackberry already have Smart voice service?  If so, then do what StreetDocRN said

0 Likes
arnhelzky

Thanks Doc... But what do you mean by "THEY MIGHT RELEASE IT and IF THEY DO NOT?" You mean to say there is a possibility that they wont release my PIN? OK then... I will try to call them, though I'm here in the Philippines... I'll let you know their feedback... Thanks again..

0 Likes
arnhelzky

Thanks, but my device is already unlocked.. Guess Doc is right, i have to call the customer care of verizon first.. Thanks..

0 Likes