Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VZW global Help!!! plz
danielawhitney1

I have had several issues with my global service...and everytime i talk to customer service...it gets worse, so heres my problem, i arrived in Kyrzakstan i had service for about five days, i lost data coverage after that and 24 hours after that i lost voice and mms coverage too.  There is another global customer here, who has a curve (i have a storm) and he has service still so i believe it is my device, it hasn't been dropped exposed to water or heat,  I have tried manually connecting to the network, and everytime i do i get a error msg that says network selection has timed out please try again later... can anyone help my with this issue?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: VZW global Help!!! plz
SoccerRef
Novice

The only thing I can recommend is that you check your network connections. Go to your Set up folder, Manage Connections, and check there. If it is on, turn it off, wait a few seconds and turn it back on. Sometimes that will re-establish a weak connection.

0 Likes
Re: VZW global Help!!! plz
Android10
Novice

Try powering the phone off, then removing  and replacing  the battery to do a soft reset on the device.  Then power the device back on, then try these options below:

Your device is designed to switch to an appropriate wireless network automatically when you travel.  If it does not you can change the settings manually. 

1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.

2. Click Mobile Network.

3. Change the Network Selection Mode field to Manual.

4. Click Scan for Available Networks.

5. Click a wireless network.

6. Click Select Network.

7. Press the Menu key.

8. Click Save.

To connect to your wireless service provider's wireless network again, change the Network Selection Mode field to Automatic.

If problems persist try changing the connection speed. 

Depending on your wireless service provider, you might not be able to change the connection speed for the wireless network.

1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
2. Click Mobile Network.
3. Change the Network Mode field.
4. Press the Escape key.

0 Likes