Verizon finally released 10.1.0.2039 which is already old and has issues.
mzblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have read that some people tried to update today and can not find it available anymore.

But for those who were able to update to 10.1.0.2039 with Verizon, let's discuss issues that you might be having with this build.

I've read that this is an unstable version and 10.1.0.46XX is the better version. Unfortunately after waiting months for Verizon's update, this is what they give us. 

I really haven't had a chance to do to much with it so far, but did find these issues already.

1) Right side top of phone screen fades away so that you can't read all of the word.

2) POP email (using Cablevision) account didn't work sending out it just showed a red symbol that it didn't work. After I deleted it and reinstalled it, it worked.

3) Although it works sending & receiving emails,there is no Push emails. I have to go on the specific email account then refresh it to make the email show up.

I'll let you know what else I find as I use it more.

Let me know your experience?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon finally realized 10.1.0.2039 which is already old and has issues.
Hirotsune
Enthusiast - Level 3

I updated as soon as it was available and haven't had too many issues. I can finally use some of the new apps and can also finally send email without the coding issues.

The only issue that I've noticed so far has to do with my contacts. Many of my contacts have disappeared. I first noticed this when I went to reply to a text and saw a number but no name with it. I had to do some digging and then figured out that many of my contacts have been deleted . I corrected all of the ones that I could find via the text history but I have over 500 contacts so it may take me a while to find out which other ones are missing as well.

I wasn't able to sync my Z10 before the update so I just may be out of luck.

Anyway, I'm not experiencing any other major issues since the update yet. I'll post if anything pops up though.

>>Edited to comply with <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I updated my Z10 Friday and here is what I have found. First, I did notice the top right of a website does disappear. This is when viewing it in full, not mobile version. Next, battery life is about the same for me. As far as email, all my accounts work well. Gmail pushes email and calendar events fast. I am still exploring my Z10 and will keep you updated.

Doc

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your details on the update mzblues. We definitely want to make sure that the update is working as it should. For the issue with the screen fading away, do you also only notice that with the full webpage? Does the happen with every full website that you've visited? If you can, can you please attach a screenshot? I'm glad that you got your email working again. Do emails sync on their own after 15-20 minutes? Were you previously getting push emails for this account?

MarquiaF_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mzblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

Some examples attached. Top right and also happens bottom left. Send more as I get them.

<< Images edited to remove private information. >>

0 Likes
mzblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

It definitely happens in text boxes. Maybe BlackBerry did that on purpose to fade out the last word?

<< Images edited to remove private information. >>

0 Likes
Re: Verizon finally released 10.1.0.2039 which is already old and has issues.
mzblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update:

My Gmail accounts receive the pushed emails quickly with no problems. 

Only the Cablevision (Optimum) accounts need to be refreshed to receive emails when they are working.

Also having this issue with one of my accounts, so this is not necessarily fully a 10.1 issue, but strange never the less. Both Optimum accounts sent to one particular @optonline.net account doesn't go out and I get the red indicator with the - in it. 

When both Gmail accounts go out, they are not delivered and I get a undelivered return email. 

Also, emails sent from that specific @optonline.net account still show with the check mark that indicate a "sent" email in the Hub and in that email's listing, even though "show sent messages" is turned off. 

0 Likes
Theo00

Has anyone experienced issues with the SMS messaging application after the latest update?

The 10.1.xx update was pushed to my phone today and now I can't open up any texts.  I can see the first few words of the text from Blackberry Hub, but I can't open the text to read it.  I found the work around is to select 'reply' which will open the text, but then you can't close it unless you 'cancel' the 'reply' action. 

I've removed the battery, performed soft-reset, etc...

Please tell me that I don't have to wipe my phone and revert back to the last OS rev.!?

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update, mzblues. It appears we need to get a few more details from you to make sure we have your service working great. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message with your name and mobile number along with an alternate number I can reach you at.

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mzblues
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update:

I am not sure that my issues are BlackBerry 10.1 related or more related to my cable company's POP email.

I did get my emails working, except one is still giving me problems. But if only one has issues, then I don't think it is BlackBerry 10.1 that's the problem.

I also created a new Gmail account and don't find any issues with it.

I haven't found to much other major problems. But a few minor things.

I'll let you know as I continue using it.

0 Likes