Verizon last to the party
bfield01

Why is Verizon always the last out with new technologies. We are forced to choose between AT&T lesser customer service and coverage and Verizon old technology. Does no one want to get it right?

How does AT&T keep getting the best products first? I'm having problems with my now 2 year old Blackberry Storm and am looking to replace it. I really don't want to go to AT&T but I probably will.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon last to the party
budone
Legend

A big reason is ATT uses the GSM technology which is very common in Europe. So when a phone is developed, there is a much larger market out there for it from day one.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

What are you looking for to replace your Storm?

It's all relative to what each individual considers the best and newest technology. Android fans would say Verizon has the most options on that platform. People who like messaging phones have lots of options without having to get the $20 text or data package. Smartphone users can still get unlimited data on a variety of platforms ... WebOS, BlackBerry, Android, Windows.

I would try to hang on a little longer. I think there will be some nice surprises in early '11.

0 Likes
bfield01

I have to stay with Blackberry because that is the "company" standard. That's what we have to use.

After a long period of frustration I've come to rather like the Storm. I like the large touch screen although after all this time it is still a bit problematic "typing" in data.

It looks like the Torch may be a few steps in the right direction. Also if Verizon is going to have good 4G coverage it would be good to start offering 4G phones now.

0 Likes