Verizon phones are AWFUL but Customer Service is WORSE
jessieb

I can't handle having to talk to 15 different people about an issue, each person clearly dumber then the next, then after all that being told there is nothing they can do to help. i had 2 different phones sent to me both were broken! Then to top it off I have a mac so trying to transfer media is impossible. I don't care that this is a RIM issue YOU SHOULDN'T SELL A PRODUCT THAT HAS ISSUES LIKE THIS. If I had known this I would never have purchased a blackberry. Dealing with a store employee to discuss my issues is literally like talking to a trained monkey (but they were obviously trained by a **bleep**) TELLING ME YOU FEEL MY PAIN DOES NOT HELP THE SITUATION!! That only makes me angrier!! So in the end my contract is up soon and thanks to the NYC East 86th St employees I will be taking my money (as well as the 5 other contracts I pay for) elsewhere AT&T and IPHONE here I come!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon phones are AWFUL but Customer Service is WORSE
Crackberry20
Enthusiast - Level 3

what is the RIM issue that you are having I have a Mac and my blackberry transfers media fine is there some way i can help 

0 Likes
Thelineman16

You said it in a handful. Their customer servive is nothing, because it doesn't exist. They stand in line to wait on you to sell the darn phone, then you have to stand in line to get service. I don't get it.

0 Likes
CanyonCarver

Hi, I have an 8130 and a MAC, what is your secret? Only thing I have found so far is to sync with Google which is a bit of a hassle. By the way, never had any trouble with Verizon or Verizon phones.

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

RIM came out with a desktop manager for Mac and there is an option for transferring media within it.

0 Likes
Movieman0086

I'm getting sick of Verizon.I have my 2nd,count that my 2nd Blackberry Curve 8330. I have several problems with it. 1. a trackball that is pretty much non existant, 2. calls that dont come all the way through, 3. a phone that locks constantly (and have to pull the battery almost every second), etc. My upgrade date is July 14,2010. I have dealt with Verizon on-line, the tech number and even going into a store. I went into the store today and they lady i talked to said that i could upgrade (up to 4 months up to my upgrade date, but of course the lady that ended up helping me said otherwise and well she of course said i had to wait till EXACTLY July 14th,2010 and no time sooner. Well seeing as i can't get a replacement phone and my upgrade is due in like 8 weeks i'm curious why they can't allow me to upgrade. My phone is pretty much dead and i'm still paying a phone bill and a data plan. Do they give a *explative* about their customers? It **bleep** me off when i pay my phone bill and pay for a data plan and they can't do the simple task of helping me by letting me upgrade. Verizon i hope your listening.

Doug Post

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

Why should they allow you to upgrade? Your contract states you can only get discounted pricing on or after a certain date. It also states you have the option of purchasing an extended warranty or insurance to protect your phone. You must have neglected to do either. Why should your poor planning constitute an emergency on Verizon's part?

0 Likes
Movieman0086

Well first off im on my dads business account so i cant afford an extended warranty or insurance. Its not poor planning m'am, but my limit on my account.  Its also not my fault i have a crappy made Blackberry Curve 8330.It is a pile of junk and its barely able to be used. Now with my lack of access on my account my only recourse is to upgrade my phone.

0 Likes
dissat57

There is no customer service in my opinion. Just someone answering a phone after a 10 minute wait, wishes that there was something they could do, tells you nothing that you don't already know, and pleasantly wishes you a nice day.

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

Extended warranty is $1.99 a month. If finding $2/month is hard then probably a phone with an expensive data plan isn't the way to go for you.

If being on your fathers business account is such a problem then do an assumption of liability and get off his account. Just have to be over 18.

If your phone is out of warranty, Verizon will sell you a certified pre-owned phone. You can get a phone from a friend/ebay/craigslist. Just make sure to get the ESN before purchasing and  check to see if it's not on a lost/stolen list.

You have options...you just don't like them.

0 Likes